Monday, January 13, 2014

Tai Chi- Venezuela style

Tai Chi- Venezuela style... and other random things. This past weekend we wandered over to Parc del Oeste for a stroll around and some good people watching. We were greeted by a glorious spectacle. I had heard others describe a huge zumba like gathering but this was something you had to see to appreciate. It was like those videos I have seen of elderly people in China doing Tai Chi with everyone moving in complete synchronicity. The only small difference being that these people were not old or moving slow- they were booty shaking! Awesome to see live.


Walking around aimlessly is always great and today was no exception- just fun stuff to look at and do.
I realize that as soon as she doesn't want to hold hands anymore that I will have to wait until she is 30 to get to do it again- love it.
 

as we walked I kept noticing these L shaped poles everywhere that looked like mini gallows or places to hang and quarter your elk. It wasn't until I walked by the birthday party that I understood how important a properly hung pinata is in this country.
This guy just sort of strolled on by, reminded me of Nate's old lizard "Iggy"
Got to hit a few more from the local driving range so I thought I would showcase the Isom golf skillz.


check out Luca, he is either hitting with his eyes closed or singing to himself.



As a Coloradan who spends a bit of time out in the woods using a variety of things as "toilet paper au naturale" I have heard many of the "don't use ______ to wipe with" jokes that are out there. This plant however caught me quite off guard... and no joke people- Don't use this plant to...
 

One of our first dinners this year. My sister gave us the idea of writing down the fun stuff we did on little pieces of paper and putting them in a good times jar. It was great to read back through all of the stuff we have done. Travel is fun and seeing new places always interesting but the slips of paper that made me smile the biggest all had to do with people. The friends we have and have been making will always be the most incredible part of this little adventure of ours. Here's to more good times in 2014- We sure are glad that you're our friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment