Sunday, February 9, 2014

a year to try new things

Sometimes when I am sitting in my spanish class trying to piece together a sentence and sounding like Enrique the caveman I think I can honestly feel the little hamster wheels turning. As hard as it is seeming to be for me to learn spanish though I find that I am absolutely loving it. And it makes me apply that to the bigger picture of what (and why) our family is doing this for. I like trying new things, I would certainly enjoy and be able to keep safe in Caracas and not put myself out on a limb, but I don't think I would get nearly as much out of it. All I'm really risking is looking and sounding like a fool- and hey, I've been doing that all my life.

My list of new things to try this year:
-Spanish
-Caracas marathon (well half of it)
-Capoeira (will need to be a whole other post)
-Seeing a sloth (it will happen)
-Painting. Sure I was just copying from a projector but its been something I've been meaning to do.

So lets see what else myself and the family can add to the list this year... maybe some salsa dancing?

here is the progression of my painting (banksy did his with a can of spraypaint I know)
1) Project the image

2) Trace the image

3) Paint the image


4) Add flowers
5) finish flowers, and just in time for Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment