Monday, March 31, 2014

pozo suraupo

One thing I love about teaching here in Venezuela is that the other teachers are a treasure trove of knowledge about places to go and see. Another thing I love is mountains, and also bugs- I love bugs. Did I mention that I love eating good food with friends? No? Well I do- especially Uruguayan barbecue. 
You can see where this is going... I loved this weekend's trip to Pozo Suruape, a funky little eclectic posada outside of Caracas in the mountains. We were told of the Pozo by Mike and Shawna who know a few things about where to eat in Caracas (Mike's search for the best pepper steak in town is legendary amongst Caraquenos). When Michael and Kat put together a trip and dinner for our Capoera friends It all came together: Mountains, bugs, good eating, and good friends.


The owner dabbles on the side with a little iron sculpting- amazing fun stuff all over!




The restaurant itself reminded me a bit of our neighbor's house- cool stuff all over- Jim and Teresa, you would love this place!





As Nadjib said " Gandhi, Chaplin, and an angel- of course that goes together- why have I never seen that?"

The dinner: It has been very special for me to be included into this group of people. I had not heard of Capoera before moving here, tried it because Wilder was interested and ended up really enjoying it. The members are a fun loving, kind, patient group. So fun to share a dinner with them.
Oh no- I took the photo without Porcupine in it.

yes my hair does always look this good before morning coffee


some plants

papyrus
Always cool to check out the bugs- something new under every leaf!
This guy was actually quite small but with a bit o zoom he comes out nicely

TEAMWORK: this was not a tug of war, theses ants were motoring with whatever this little nougat was.





Yellow orb spider- check out how they wrap the leaf into a nest for themselves, cool eh?
oh and also a nice little part of Pozo Suruapo: just sitting there looking around and letting your mind wander. Thanks Mike and Kat for making it happen.
Lisa solves many of the world's problems with that faraway expression on.

No comments:

Post a Comment