Sunday, May 11, 2014

Feliz dia de las madres

I'm a big fan of mothers and have always thought mother's day was a great idea. I wouldn't even be opposed to having 2 a year to be honest. (big points... I just scored big points) We had a great Mother's day this year in Venezuela, here is how it went down.

Luca set the tone- totally nailing the mother's day card. Wilder and I did alright (chocolate and peanuts from me, nail polish from Wilder) but Luca knocked it out of the park- good job kid- nise.


 Later we went to Topotepuy gardens. Luca and I had been there before but it was the first time for the girls. Such a cool place and everyone wishing Lisa "Feliz Dia". I tried my hand at passing for a local and started saying "Feliz dia" to all of the sweet old ladies walking around with their children. After saying it to one I heard her say to her daughter as we passed by: "Brasilia?" and her daughter replied: "No! Gringo."
 Getting closer- I'm getting closer

Lisa con sus hijos

Topotepuy is beautiful, and here is the patron saint of mothers. It is said that if you make a wish here your children will behave for a year. or a day... whichever comes first.








So we were walking along just enjoying the day and being with each other, when I looked up... and there it was- my first sloth. Smiling back down like it was just waiting for me. I called the family back to show them... and I think I even teared up a bit. Bad day to leave the good camera at home but still a major accomplishment for me.

Its there- I swear it.




 All that was left to do was lunch in el Hattillo. We apparently were not the only ones with this idea as the place was super busy. We eventually found a little Mexican restaurant with cool hats and a father/daughter combo singing live karaoke. The only blemish on an otherwise perfect day was Lisa's meal came absolutely smothered in cheese. (this is of note because cheese can be hard to come by in Venezuela and Lisa doesn't tolerate the queso so to speak.) She didn't complain too much as we finished our (and her) meals in good time- then were on our way back home. Happy Mother's Day Lisa- Feliz Dia de las Madres!  





No comments:

Post a Comment