Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Wayna Picchu


Well that looks easy, or so you think. That my friends is Wayna Picchu. We had to be at the base by 8:00 in the morning so we could hike to the top. Dad, Luca, and I hiked all the way to the top. Mom chickened out (no just kidding, she was just stressed, and didn't want to see us climb on edges.) We started the hike and it looked like no big deal, we were walking through a forest so we could only see little bits of the valley floor. After we passed this one big rock we started climbing the real mountain. Stairs were carved into the wall, man they were steep!

We kept climbing without stop and we eventually reached a terrace just below the top with a beautiful view. We stopped there to have a snack and met a group from Denver, Colorado. I thought this was really cool because we were in Peru and Colorado is really far away After we ate and rested up we continued till we came upon a cave. I had to crouch down to get through and dad had to crawl while Luca could walk through it. We got out of the tunnel and there was a huge line to the top. I somehow got in line before dad and Luca and got to the top first. It was breathtaking, I waited there for about two minutes looking at the view until dad and Luca showed up. After that we had to get back down.

The way down was so much harder than up. We started with very short steps with steep edge. By the time I was half way down my legs were dying. We got to the flat part dad let me go ahead and meet mom at the bottom. At the bottom I had to sign out or else they would go out and look for me along the hike and well that would not be fun for them or me. Soon thereafter I got back to the bottom I found mom and sat down in the shade for a rest. I feel very proud that I got to the top of Wayna Picchu and I will remember being at the top felt like you were king of the world.


Are we there yet?
Ha we are just getting started Wilder.












No comments:

Post a Comment