Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What I'm going to miss. (in list form)

No rhyme or reason here- just a list of things I'll miss

#19 Parrots. Boy can they not hold a tune- worst song bird you will ever hear, but easy on the eye. In this city where things are so hard- it is always easy to spot a parrot.


#18 Lets just get this out of the way- I already miss them so much.


#17 Shameless propaganda. This country is facing serious issues with its economy and security but somewhere in some office is a spin doctor that knows no trouble. To judge the country solely on its billboards would lead you to understand that all is chevere.



#16 Adventure. With my family. We saw a fair bit, still quite a few spots left to see in VZ but we did all right, and we travel well, we Isoms.


#15 Felix. Every day when we arrive at school we get a high-five, fist bump, and a "mi panna" from, simply put, the man. Thanks Felix, our home is always open to you in Colorado if you want to come catch a few Rockies games.



#14 Franco. A natural transition from Felix is right into Franco. Of course we will miss all of the Simpsons, but Franco with those eyes- forget about it.


#13 The hood. These eagles are at the start of our street. We pass them each time we head out for a morning run or a walk down into Las Mercedes. Its a good hood.

#12 Mestre Chocolate. And all of the capoeiristas, who have always been so amazing- so kind- and so PATIENT with me. Honestly I am a crap capoeira student but the reason I like it- is this group of people, I can't thank them enough.


#11 Grocery shopping. I am going to miss the uncertainty of finding anything, the long lines to checkout, the feeling when your debit card gets blocked, and the joyful abundance of ketchup. I'm being mostly sarcastic here but I am going to learn from shopping here. I will learn to be less wasteful, more thankful, and way less bitchy when the line is long back home, because USA, you have no idea how good you got it. (till you come and grocery shop in Caracas)


#10 This Guy. This guy makes really good rum. I will miss this guy.
#9 Venezuelan beer. no not this kind...
This kind!

#8 A refreshing lack of rules for every little thing. Life is a trade-off and in the states we do have many freedoms and securities. but we have so many rules! This picture was taken at a rollercoaster in Denver. I have a feeling that if you did not secure your hair at a carnaval in Venezuela and somehow got it pulled a bit... oh I'll get off the soap box- but it is refreshing, all I'm saying

#7 Reina pepiadas. And for that matter arepas, carne mechada, perro calientes, cachapas, and on and on. Colorado, did I tell you that I'm coming home a bit heavier (see also #9, #10 and #5)


#6 Beisbol. and the Avila, and beisbol with the avila in the background. So nice when you can have them both.

#5 The steak here is legend.

#4 Hammocks. Ahhhhh mi gusto

#3 Flowers- seriously, and I don't care who hears me.They are so colorful and amazing. And so hum-ho just growing on the sidewalk on our way to school.

#2 Friends. You know who you are. We are going to miss everyone so much. And you had better come see us in Colorado! We started to international teach as a way to see the world and travel but what we will take with us is amazing friendships. Thank you all.
 

#1
Okay- technically not something I am going to miss as I am bringing this one home with me. 
Lisa. 
In the last 4 years I have learned that I can do anything, live anywhere, and be truly happy if I have you. Thanks for letting me be your shoulder candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment