Sunday, October 6, 2019

bikes

Bikes- boy they make us happy. They give us freedom, they let us explore, they are just good stuff all around! 
Knowing this we made sure to get bikes as soon as possible. Lisa and I have bikes in the shipping container, so we wanted to get Luca a set o wheels first and foremost. Following a tip, we found the "bike shop" It was pretty cool, David Armstrong (no relation to Lance) has his house set up as a mountain bike shop. He gets frames and other parts and puts them together like little frankensteins. We ended up getting Luca a mtn bike and Lisa a cruiser. I would continue to borrow a sweet ladies ride. 



Getting Lisa a bike turned out to be a good call as we found out our shipment will not be here until November! So with Luca and Lisa settled, and me on my lady cruiser, I asked around.


This was my first choice- a trishaw. I could give people rides and practice my Burmese. I actually have asked about these and am getting close but more on that later. 

My next lead was "there is a bike place out by the airport". Close enough for me! I got the coordinates, hopped in a taxi and found the place where bicycles go to die- and then find resurrection. It was beautiful- bikes getting stripped down for any useful bits, then reassembled. Lisa heard that containers of bikes from other countries get dumped here- sounded like a bad business plan but after seeing the back of the shop- I'm a believer.



Here is what I ended up with. Just like a bridgestone... but to avoid lawsuits- a beestone! Basket on the front and a seat for my lady on the back. 
Or for you- come out and visit and I'll pick you up at the airport. I know a nice spot to swing by on our way into town.






No comments:

Post a Comment