Friday, September 27, 2019

Dropping your daughter off at university



I got to go to England last week to drop Wilder off at University. As I found out, the main thought in my head was "Is she going to be all right?"
Of course she was- but part of my parental duty was to wonder. Here is why I'm not worried- and I know she is going to be alright


Reason 1- she can see a premier league stadium from her dorm window.

Reason 2- There is a monument to the Earl of grey tea in Newcastle!

Reason 3- this is not her dorm

Reason 4- this is a building on campus

Reason 5- this is another building on campus
(its a cool campus)

Reason 6- Mr. bean is an alumni


Reason 7- there are options if she misses America

Reason 8-many cool castles nearby

Reason 9- surf lessons on the beach

Reason 10- seriously good fish and chips and mushy peas


Ah Wilder I love you. You are going to do great because you are amazing. (and Mr. bean)


Another bonus of dropping Wilder off was seeing the fantastic support network she has: Cousins Tom and Liv, Aunt Sally and her boys,the amazing Aunt Anne, and Nadjib with his man purse.



No comments:

Post a Comment