Sunday, February 16, 2020

20 from Gyar Tawya street

I had noticed a street one day as we were driving downtown that had the most amazing view of the Shwedagon pagoda. The street leading up to it was a riot of colors and activity. Lisa and I got dropped off at the foot of it today and strolled up. Enjoy 20 pictures from Gyar Tawya street.


Not technically on the street yet, but on our bike ride over we passed this guy with a mobile bird cage. Pets? Food?

Here is the view from the bottom of the street. It gets better and better every step

These are the machines that grind sugarcane into... sugarjuice? Mmmm sugarjuice.


This guy had a crowd around him, so of course we came to watch. He had everyone laughing, a barbie doll laying on the ground, and Cobras in the boxes. Man I wish I could understand Burmese. 

Once I saw the cobra, I was like this little dude- watching from the back row! 

Same




Moving along, we passed many food booths. We had already eaten so it will have to be next time that I get some roasted corn and peanuts. Made me think of Jason Nepp

Mobil restaurant

Getting closer. It might look like this is a pedestrian path but every so often a car would cruise up!


 Turned to look back down. Thanks birds.

Trishaws ready to roll

Fresh Fish! (you should see the chickens!)

Trishaw rollin

I would have loved to see this in action- There must be a long metal pole that goes in the tube, turns the screw, and voila! water.

My kind of grab taxi


It was nice strolling along with Lisa, and I'm glad she brought her camera as she took the best photos of the day!


 Hands down the coolest barbershop I have ever seen.

Just kickin it in a trishaw

No comments:

Post a Comment