Sunday, March 8, 2020

ode to a chair

Ok, so that title sounds really deep and you are likely settling in for a good read. Good luck with that. About a month ago Lisa apologetically said that my birthday present arrived early and would that be okay? I was fine with it and when it arrived I was more than fine with it. Behold the Burmese plantation chair:
(plantation not included)

We had seen one of these at a downtown restaurant and I remarked how complete my life would be with a chair like that. Lisa found a local company that finds old ones and refurbishes them. 
A few features: 
You gots to lay back! This is not a chair for posture- it demands that you recline.

Wide arm rests ensure plenty of space for your gin and tonic.

Wide wicker for wide loads!

But best of all are the extendable leg rests- check em out!



 So I fully realized that I have passed an age marker when a comfortable chair makes me this happy. Next it will be socks with sandals, and golf. But there we are, I could fight it and ask for a red sports car next year but I think I'll just embrace it. and sit back.


Thank you Lisa you have made me a happy man. A very relaxed, mouth breathing, happy man.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Innes. Maybe you could get a red sports car outfitted with one. Or mount one on a golf cart. - Steve

    ReplyDelete