Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mall shopping is a sport here


I'm not much of a shopper but shopping is on a whole different level here. You could spend all day wandering around, eating, riding ferris wheels, and dropping a whole lotta riyals. Our friends the Jays have been kind enough to haul us around and today they took us to the Villagio- it has a painted ceiling to make the appearance of being outside- which I was totally believing until we exited into 101degree heat. I almost went back to the ice rink to make snow angels... but Lisa wouldn't let me. So maybe shopping will become my new hobby, I have been a shabby dresser lately and I did notice some Sue Sylvester track suits at the Adidas store... very nice.



Check out the guns on this mannequin- and this is a kids clothing store! Lisa will fit right in.

Anyone care for a ride on the gondola? Now we don't have to travel to Venice.



Luca is happy to learn that the "thumbs up" is not a rude gesture in Qatar (we had been told it was).
Yup that's a ferris wheel... in the mall.


1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I have realized that you aren't getting my emails!! You look so happy at the mall!! Please call me...my skype name is tacojingo...don't ask. I can't wait to catch up...I got your phone call and emailed you but I don't think you have received any of them!! I took dillon last thursday and got back Saturday night:(
    Very sad...I am better now though. I got your message thurs am as I was taking dillon...I burst into tears when I heard your voice!!
    Call me!!

    ReplyDelete