Saturday, March 7, 2015

Saturday at the market

I don't always go to the Saturday market at Chacao but when I do I go with MSR and have a really good time, and usually find some good food too.


The morning starts with parking and a sample of some good street art.


First order of business upon entering is juice. Fresh squeezed OJ (will try to get a photo as the machine is wicked cool) and straight out of the coconut water. I've never had it fresher.

Next is the most important part- 2 mushroom empanadas and a coffee. It slows down your door to door shopping time but trust me, -worth it.
 

After finishing up on the top floor (fruit) you head down to the big show- vegetables, cheese, eggs, chicken, and... bananas.


today there was some art inside as well- a cola is a line. 


Here is the onion and garlic aisle- it smells...
so good. 

 Camburs! We usually end here because it is by the door and there is a bench. I love it because the lady I buy my bananas from always sees me sitting there and brings me a sample banana to enjoy.


I've written about Chacao before- but just had a good time and thought I'd let you in on it.  

One more shot- after shopping and back at the school we wanted to see how many ways we could rearrange the I love Venezuela sign. Here is one- with some help from Graham.


1 comment:

  1. That was a great morning at Chacao. And that orange juicer machine probably deserves a post of its own.

    ReplyDelete