Sunday, February 22, 2015

feliz cumpleanos

 Oh my did I just have a great birthday. Lisa and I have been so lucky to have made the most amazing friendships on our travels. We had a few of them over for some salsa and salsa on Saturday night 

It started with this guy- my 5th grade class gave me a card- uncanny resemblance eh?

Lily had the formidable task of teaching us to salsa. She began with the basic how to move your hips


I love this next picture because not only are my hips not moving like Lilys- I am facing the wrong direction! Lily said we would start with some merengue and then move to salsa which is a bit more complex. After seeing me she said "maybe tonight we just dance the merengue."

But slowly I started to get it and didn't step on anyones toes.
Josh can do it with his eyes closed!

Mike and Stacy cutting the rug!

Tim and Nadia- the naturals- they were clearly ready to proceed to the salsa but hey... its my party!
 Great angle on this one- Sean has devil horns!

Time for cake. Lisa Allen had asked Wilder what kind of cake her parents like, thinking along the lines of chocolate or carrot cake. Wilder said "I dunno, my dad likes sloths."
Totally rocking this challenge Lisa made a gluten free sloth cake- so amazing I had to pull out the sweater.


Earlier in the day we stopped by the pinata store to get some plastic cups and fake moustaches. Lisa and the owner both said buenos tardes and laughed knowingly. That should have been my hint that she had already been pinata shopping that day.

It was great- I didn't break any glass or hit Cesar while he made that paper mache dance!
here I am going in the wrong direction- kind of like when I merengue.

getting warmer

got it! and it was full of hard to get items like toilet paper- you should have seen the scramble!

Oh my god- I love Lisa so much- imagine, she puts up with my dancing, my newfound sloth fancy, and well... me! One lucky guy.

 Jessica, Julie, and Cesar with one up to no good grin!

Brandon, Claudia, and Josh

Ian and the grumpy old man of the rum table. "who stole my limes?"
 Jeffrey, Darren, Sean, and Kimber
 Van and Mike

Remember earlier when you read the part about going to the pinata shop for cups and moustaches and you thought "why moustaches?"

well, no reason.


So thanks everyone for being our friends- that was one fun party. and how in the heck did I not get one photo of the Stein-Rosses? They were being very ninja that night.


and what does Luca think the next morning when he finds a stache? that it is all absolutely normal

No comments:

Post a Comment