Sunday, September 8, 2013

1000 bolivares, a backpack, and a vegetable market.

My friend Gary and I decided to walk to the Chacao market a few weeks ago because: a) we had a rough map printed out from google maps, b) it didn't look that far away, c) he figured if we ran into trouble they would go for me, d) I figured if we ran into trouble I could outrun Gary, and e) really- how hard could it be?
Well due to a significant navigational error on my part we got lost rather quickly- but somehow found ourselves in a major shopping mall. Being the savvy street wise world travellers we were... we took a cab to Chacao market- pretty smart eh.
This place was amazing- fruit fruit and more fruit- then vegetables, and I didn't even get into the pirated DVD's. Here is what I found for my 1000 bolivares (26ish $)
Asparagus, Bananas, Kale, Apples, Brocoli, Coconut, Eggplant, Carrots, Peas, Garlic, Potatos, Tomatos, Mangos, Pineapple, Mint, Chorizo, Hot peppers, Sweet peppers, Sweet potato, something I didn't know the name of, Coffee, Mushrooms, and ...wait for it- a bouquet of flowers for Lisa!
I was quite proud of myself- and yes we took a cab home too.


No comments:

Post a Comment