Friday, January 10, 2020

Home is where the house is


Home is where the house is

Lisa and I often say this, and we do mean it, but there are a few layers to it I have been thinking about. 
-Home can be a structure, a place
-Home is more than just that structure
-Home is wherever you feel the most comfortable

What better place to ponder this than back home in Colorado. We had our winter break and although we didn't stay in our actual house we did get to stay in our neighborhood. My plan this past summer was to store all ski gear and winter layers close at hand, and to make all winter toys accessible. It worked the only thing I couldn't find was the kids christmas stockings.

The first morning back: I'm at home when I can see this

I'm at home whenever I can rock the footie pajamas


Luca at home in the air

Ski Cooper, we love our little 2 (soon to be 3) lift resort. It evokes a sense of joy for skiing that I hope my kids have their whole life.


In the background is Marjorie's house. This was the source of gravity like forces that drew Lisa and I to this hillside. Always good to be back here. (Wilder and I did our best to snowshoe the trail)

But it was really deep, and we both make home at sea level currently

Home also means family. It never matters how long it has been- it is so great to see everyone. Here James seems to be enjoying handcuffing Luca's feet together.

Caryn, Angus, and Axel gifted us all a "spa" day for christmas. Cucumbers, facials, and massage!



We went down to Powderhorn to see Josh, Heather, June, Bob, Del, Anna, Shane, and all the cousins we could. I was not great at capturing any of it on film apparently, but then again I didn't get any pics of my mom and Keith, and dad  and Leslie either!



Got Angus and Axel out for a few turns as well



A few more ramblings about home. Home really is wherever these 3 are. We have found that we can be happy as long as we are together. So home is a place for us- Tennessee Pass, and home is an idea for us. In any case it sure was a great time being home with everyone. We didn't see nearly enough friends but even just being closer to them was huge.





No comments:

Post a Comment