Saturday, January 4, 2020

And now I've been to Japan

Ahh  Japan, I feel like I know you so well. Hard to believe our first half of a year came to a close recently. We knew our first winter holiday would have to be at home in the snow with family and friends, but how to get there...

Seems like most flights home include a long layover. Instead of worrying about it- we embraced it and decided to spend a few hours in Japan. 10 to be exact. We could have rushed into Tokyo but decided instead to go to Narita. Its 10 minutes from the airport and just what we needed: a chance to stretch our legs and have a cup of tea before the long flight home.



The highlight for us was the Narita-san Shinsho-ji temple. It is a large park with temples spaced throughout. For one thing it let us get ready for the cold temps that awaited: it must have been 45 degrees! In any case it sure was nice to walk amongst the trees.






This sign says: Don't go to the right, Yetis live this way.
(we went right)


It appears Luca is as tall as Lisa...


I tried to take a picture of Lisa before Luca photobombed... I lost


After our walk we found this great little spot for tea. I'm a coffee man myself but this was really good tea.



I had to teach Lisa the proper way to use chopsticks! So embarrassing.


So now we have been to Japan! My friend Dave Williams totally one upped me by going skiing the next week, but still. We have a little map that shows all of the flags of countries we have visited. I think I will add Japan- 10 hours is enough to get to know a place. Inspired by Dave's exploration of Japow I do believe we will return. Plus I have to tell you about the toilets.


No comments:

Post a Comment