Thursday, August 13, 2020

As normal as this summer is going to get

We knew it wasn't going to be a normal summer- we were still working on lesson plans, we couldn't go see live music... but it really wasn't too bad. We realized that we quite enjoy just being in our house with nowhere to go. Here is what we got up to- as normal as we could get!


Baseball game. A bit smaller but still a fun fun day. Sherlock even got dressed for action!



We had one driveway movie. Sandlot... again. It never gets old.

Jim trained his camp robber Elvis, to take food out of your hand or off your head. Even knowing this, Wilder seems less than comfortable.

Hiked down to Gilman to look about.


I worked on my trampoline action shots. They are getting clearer I think.



It snowed... not strange- totally normal actually


My family bought axes for father's day! I proved quite adept. Wilder may be the family archer but I am the axe man.
*disclaimer- I bought the axes, I couldn't help it.




We did have some sad news: Our wedding toaster bit the dust. Lisa mourned.


This is still our normal morning: drink coffee and stare at homestake. Today was unique as the airplane was making acute angles!



Didn't catch anything (I never do) but had an enjoyable evening fishing with Mort.




Not to be deterred by a little sprinkle, Lisa enjoys her chiminea.



So glad this part of our summer stayed normal. Getting to go to lake powell and watch the cousins hang out is awesome. This year didn't disappoint.



"Who's your hair stylist?" "Who's yours?"


Luca and I absolutely crushed Hawaiian night this year.


A few other things that were normal:
-older sisters telling younger brothers things: "headphones work in your nose too"
(and then brothers trying it)

-Dad telling Luca he would buy him a jacket at a yard sale if he wore the cone of shame. (I didn't think he would)

-Bob. The ladies still love him


-thrift shopping. And what a find this year! Ryan Zastrow's #25 bball jersey.

-I made some art... and drank some beer


-and some more art

Wilder still reads a bunch. Here she is in the hammock in the tree house.

Lovely sunsets are still normal


Lisa and I have known for a while that we really like to hang out together. This summer cemented this knowledge but also brought in the kids too. These two are fun to be with! They must get that from their mother.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment