Thursday, August 13, 2020

One strange quarantine

It was good to be back but it was strange to be back too. 
We were still working, we couldn't go out and see people, we had to figure out finding wifi for 3am meetings! It all came together, from my dad bringing food to staying in a 1.5 room cabin for the first few weeks. We just kinda rolled with it and adapted and made the strange seem like that was how we always did things.

We returned to warm days that became snowy days that became snowy days that... you get it.


Coming up with interesting online lessons was a challenge. Here I am discussing phase change while making ice cream. At least it was tasty.


One bonus of our cabin is we could still go for walks and not see anyone. Here we are at Vances.


Eventually the cabin was too small so we rented a place in Leadville. We could spread out a little more and it was easier to access internet to make lesson plans. Here is Luca and I before one of Lisa's PE lessons.


and here we are after.


Having paved roads was definitely new for us and the kids made use with their skateboards. 


A highlight for Luca and I was the day we climbed homestake peak and skied / snowboarded down. I hadn't done that since adventure club- what a fine day. 
The summit:

The ride down



I also had a chance to work on my hairstyling. Lisa is always so trusting...



I may or may not have spent time online shopping
 

Had many nice walks with my mom. The strange part was not hugging.


By the end of summer we were ready to safely break the no hug rule. Thanks for bringing the poncho mom!


The quarantine ended up being just fine. The frustrations have been forgotten, replaced by memories of playing cards with Wilder, walks with Lisa, and skiing with Luca. I would still prefer to just hug people though!



No comments:

Post a Comment