Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Too much time on our hands




     We are back in Yangon. It was a bit up in the air for a bit with lack of flights and the difficulty of getting a quick turn-around on covid19 tests. In the end we found a flight and with negative results in hand returned. All that was left was a 2 week quarantine- 1 week in a hotel and 1 week at our house. I was a bit apprehensive about the first week, I mean what would I do? 


My view. I stared at this quite a bit


Lisa had her own room but Luca and I had to share- much to his obvious excitement.


This was strangely satisfying to watch. First they weed wacked the entire field. Then raked the grass into lines.


The lines were then raked into many piles.


The piles were placed on a tarp, attached to a pole and carried off into the trees. On the last day the guys all looked up at my balcony and waved, they must have noticed my observations.

This was my face upon arrival

After 1 day (I call it the Tom Just)

After 2 days


After 3 days


 and after 4, nothing left to shave but the eyebrows.

Everyday at 8,12,and 6 a knock on the door. We would open the door and a tray of food would be there. It was our little portal to the outside world. Oh we would also open the door and set the empty dishes on the tray too. (we were room 326)


The square breakfast meat above I could eat for some reason, but the sausages... I had to find other uses for those.



On Thursday we had a big field trip! We walked down to a side entrance and got tested! The mobile covid cart was kinda cool with the onceler arms that came out and swabbed you. We went as a family- it was so nice to see Lisa again!



We broke no rules. We just timed our putting dirty dishes back in the hallway just right so we could see eachother and wave.


 Our good friend Sarah put a few items in our room before arrival. Luca asked for nutella. There is no bread exposed- well done son. And thank you Sarah!!





Luca after napping with headphones.

Apprehensive about things to do? what was I worried about! 
The best part of the week was having ample time to talk with Wilder back home as she quarantined at college. Here are a few screenshots Lisa took. 






I wonder what we will do during our quarantine at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment