Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Missions 4 and 5 and 6

 

Yes that is a puzzle. I'm not proud (but it is a darn cool puzzle). Mission 4 is to finish a puzzle, what can I say hard times call for hard choices. 


Mission 5. Lisa gave me a cool little book about downtown Yangon streets. There is a description of the type of shops you'll find. There is some order to it all- one street is all power tools, another is all speakers. They believe in specialization.
Behold: Atlas Chemicals.

I noticed on the corner of Mahabandoola and 27th were a few chemistry shops. I don't really have a need for chemicals but I've always wanted some glassware to call my own. (haven't you?)

here are the chemicals- they had plenty

and the glassware- every shape you can imagine.

I was so excited when I came home that I immediately took this out and showed Lisa. "Look what I got!" Strangely, Lisa didn't share my excitement- she just said "oh god what have you bought?" 

I don't know what she was thinking (or you for that matter) but she was visibly relieved when I unwrapped my 100ml graduated cylinder.

What do I need chemical glassware for you ask? No- I won't be breaking bad anytime soon.


But if you come over you will likely get an incredibly precise pour on your gin and tonic.

To get to mission 6 I had to walk a bit. I really love how this city does old and run down. It makes it look cool, like you want to go have a beer with it and listen to its story.

and I saw a cool sign

and some cats

But those weren't the mission. Mission 6 is to find a uniform. I saw that somewhere on the corner of 16th and Anawrahta was a uniform shop. There are some top shelf security guard uniforms I have come across. Like old western shirts or bowling jerseys- they have style. My thought is to get one and put a fashion police badge on it and walk around giving what to wear advice. I was hoping for something along these lines:

Alas, I came up empty handed on this mission and only found reflective gear (My mom will be happy to know I picked up a nice reflective vest for my night bike rides). I will have to continue this and report back to you, or give you a ticket- seriously those shorts with that shirt? (I totally have this fashion police thing down!)















No comments:

Post a Comment